Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /homepages/13/d168233176/htdocs/andrellsitev3/forum/newforum/viewtopic.php on line 988

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /homepages/13/d168233176/htdocs/andrellsitev3/forum/newforum/viewtopic.php on line 988
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
Andrell Education Ltd Forums - View topic - Are there any published journal articles about BW?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Are there any published journal articles about BW? 

Post Are there any published journal articles about BW?
Hi,

I am working towards the Chartered Teacher qualification in Scotland. My final project is to introduce Big Writing at my school. I have used it for over a year and it has been very successful. The main part of my project is how I introduce Big Writing with colleagues and support them. Are there any published journal articles I could access for my Review of Literature? Are there any statistics about the impact of Big Writing? Thank you!

Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:20 pm

I know ther have been several MA projects written about BW - so know Ros will have some statisitical information somewhere.

Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Post Re articles
Wish JT was right Tendo, but am afraid in this case she isn't really. As she rightly says, a lot of teachers have written saying they are focusing on it for masters etc, but do not receive the outcomes. There is one MEd quoted in the gold book with the teacher's name - you could contact her... There are case studies in all the books... There is a mass of research and evidence at The Tong School, Bradford, with case studies and stats published in the green book. We currently have a Marketing Student from Huddersfield Uni on sandwich year placement with andrell, doing some action research... but otherwise nothing I know of. There are currently loads of case studies going on in schools - JT herself is participating in that...
We have deliberately never sought national attention but have relied on filtering upwards through children and schools... the way we believe best practice will always disseminate, and that has worked for us...

Maybe someone else who reads this thread will know of something helpful????

Having said that, you could yourself do some action research in your school, or even talk to us about the possibility of contacting previous delegates yourself to amass some data (we could help financially)...

Good luck, let me know if you hear anything, Ros :lol:

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:08 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you both for your replies. I will spend some time thinking over this and try to find out what I can. This is such a fantastic site. I did a staff meeting on Wednesday night and used a great deal of information from the forums to answer questions about the implementation of Big Writing. I think I will be spending weekends on here for the next few months and beyond!!

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:17 pm

I'm doing a 3 week project with year 2 on VCOP ON Tuesday - very excited about this. Loving my job at the moment!!

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]